Wednesday 8 February 2012

Final Piece













This is how I created my final piece. I started by creating a dummy book that showed what scenes went where in the book, however my idea soon changed to a concintina and a pull out book. I then inked all the scenes that were going into the book and scanned then ready to be coloured on the computer. To colour them I used simple block colours that were allowed to bleed out side the inky lines, focusing on a very narrow muted colour palette. I then put them in boxes and put them in order of what the final book will actually look like. After printing them off I cut out the strips of paper to stick them together in a line as well as folding them into the book shape.  Once this was done I created the cover slip that would hold the whole book together still using the colour scheme that was used through the rest of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment